Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder Actions Mac OS Mojave

Hi everyone, I had folder action attached to my music folder that would automatically import files to iTunes in previous versions of Mac OS. Since updating to Mojave, this script (that i created with automator) no longer works. When going into the folder action settings, I now get a prompt that says 'Finder wants to use the restricted service "Folder actions setup..."' with the options to run service or cancel. Even when i click run service, the script still doesn't work. My question is, is there any way to change folder actions setup from being a restricted service?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 7:19 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 24, 2018 5:46 AM in response to JaySpice

I have the same issue. To fix, I click on 'Run Service', untick the 'Enable Folder Actions' and then tick it again (i.e. the old 'turn-it-off-turn-it-on' trick). It then prompts me 'Would you like to run enabled folder actions on unprocessed files?', which I say yes to, and from then onwards, then folder actions work correctly again.

(until the next time it fails, which I *think* is after a reboot)

Nov 17, 2018 6:19 AM in response to JaySpice

For Mojave, Apple has tightened the security screws for AppleScript, and Automator events, and the solution is to add these applications to System Preferences : Security & Privacy : Privacy tab : Allow the apps below to control your computer.

I have added Automator, Script Editor, Terminal, and osascript in this panel, and the PITA control request dialogs from these applications have ended.

Folder Actions Mac OS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.