Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are voice memos in iCloud?

I have about 50+ voice memos, all of which need to be exported to disk. I have my iPhone set to back up to iCloud. Unlike backing up to iTunes, I don't see a place where my voice memos can be accessed.

Are the backups hidden somewhere in the iCloud site? I really don't want to sit here and export every one of these manually. I hope that's not the solution for exporting voice memos.

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 7:20 PM

I also need an answer to this. I am glad that Rick Anderson got what he needed, and yes technically this question is "solved." But many of us suddenly have no voice memos in either their iPhone app or Mac app, even though they are synced with iCloud. I, personally, would not consider the problem solved, and I'm hoping there is something that can be done about it??

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2018 7:20 PM in response to sevvi

I also need an answer to this. I am glad that Rick Anderson got what he needed, and yes technically this question is "solved." But many of us suddenly have no voice memos in either their iPhone app or Mac app, even though they are synced with iCloud. I, personally, would not consider the problem solved, and I'm hoping there is something that can be done about it??

Oct 2, 2018 5:58 PM in response to singh49asda

Okay, I solved my own problem.

Looks like a bug for Apple to work out. I decided to record a voice memo on my Mac to see if it syncs to my phone. I did it, opened up Voice Memos on my phone and there was the new desktop recording. Within a few seconds, the entire list of phone voice memos appeared out of nowhere in the desktop app. Looks like recording a voice memo on the desktop app triggered a sync.

Oct 2, 2018 7:40 AM in response to singh49asda

Thanks for the reply but that’s not what I was asking.

I need to know how to export them or download them to my desktop without having to export one at a time. I notice there’s a voice memo sync option in iOS 12 now and a desktop voice memo app in Mojave but it doesn’t appear to be syncing my voice memos. That would be an easy way to do this if it were working.

Oct 2, 2018 8:34 AM in response to singh49asda

Searching around the web this morning and it appears others are having this same problem. I just recorded a new voice memo to my phone and it's not syncing to my desktop just like the older voice memos.

This is unfortunate. I'd rather retrieve these from a desktop app instead of exporting them one at a time. Hopefully it starts syncing soon. 😟

Oct 2, 2018 5:55 PM in response to singh49asda

Also, according to that Apple support page you linked to earlier: "All your memos are available on every device that's signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID. Just turn on Voice Memos in the iCloud settings of each device."

That sounds to me like my voice memos from my iPhone should be showing up on my desktop app and vice-versa, but so far, nothing. 😟

Where are voice memos in iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.