Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2018 macbook pro keyboard issues

I bought a brand new Macbook Pro 13inch 2018 laptop. After 2 days of using only web surfing no migration yet certain part of the keyboard stopped working. In the guest account everything was good. I got a new one in the store for free. After couple days the same problem accours, with exactly the same area in the right side of the keyboard. Reinstalling High Sierra did not solved the problem, than installing Mojave still did not solved this. This my second laptop. I have not migrated anything to the laptop just my login. What is the problem? Everything is perfect with my previous macbook pro. I cannot migrate the old one because this problem with the new 2018 laptop.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, 4 TBT3)

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 10:02 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, 01guest.
If I understand your post correctly, a portion of the keyboard on your MacBook Pro is not working and this problem is still occuring on a replacement device. I understand how important it is to have your devices work as expected. I'd like to help.
Let's do some testing to isolate the issue. Safe mode will tell us if the issue is related to a startup item or plugins, and sometimes corrects the issue. This article will tell you how: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac
If everything is working correctly in safe mode, but is not working when you get back to your user account, please check the section titled "If an issue doesn't happen in safe mode" for the next troubleshooting steps.
If the issue continues while in safe mode, a test user will let us know if the issue is isolated to your account, or system wide: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac. If the issue happens in the test user also, then please check the section titled "If an issue happens in more than one user account."
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2018 10:02 AM in response to 01guest

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, 01guest.
If I understand your post correctly, a portion of the keyboard on your MacBook Pro is not working and this problem is still occuring on a replacement device. I understand how important it is to have your devices work as expected. I'd like to help.
Let's do some testing to isolate the issue. Safe mode will tell us if the issue is related to a startup item or plugins, and sometimes corrects the issue. This article will tell you how: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac
If everything is working correctly in safe mode, but is not working when you get back to your user account, please check the section titled "If an issue doesn't happen in safe mode" for the next troubleshooting steps.
If the issue continues while in safe mode, a test user will let us know if the issue is isolated to your account, or system wide: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac. If the issue happens in the test user also, then please check the section titled "If an issue happens in more than one user account."
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Oct 6, 2018 10:02 AM in response to sterling r

Thank you for your advice. I will try that for sure. Right now I cannot check it because I took the laptop immediately to the store and they sent it to the service. I've just got an email, from the service that the only thing they will do to reinstall the operation system for a charge for me. I tried it already but did not worked before. I need to go back to the service and see what will be a solution from their side and than I will try the steps you recommended, and will come back later. Appreciate your help. Coming back soon to the topic.

2018 macbook pro keyboard issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.