Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant Finish Setting Up Two Factor Authentication

I was setting up two factor authentication for my Macbook and my Iphone. It worked perfectly for the Iphone but the Icloud preferences on the Mac say that I have to finish setting it up. So I click continue. It tells me to "Enter your password and a verification code to finish setting up two-factor authentication on this Mac." so I click continue again, but nothing happens. It stays in the Icloud preferences box without showing me anything to enter my password.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 11:35 AM

( a) Enter your 2FA id password and click on continue , circle rotates wait for a while it will stuck and have patience , you can see a red notification 1 over system preferences in the dock , hover the cursor on top menu bar over system preferences you can see SBBOD , it will show preferences error there was an error in iCloud preferences , click on ok .

( b ) Now open system preferences , click on iCloud in the window you will see update Apple ID settings some account services will not be available until you sign again ( having a yellow exclamation mark ) , click on continue .

( c ) It will show update apple settings , some account services will not be available until you sign in again , click on continue .

( d ) Enter your 2FA id password , click on ok .

( e ) Enter your Mac password to continue in the next window so enter your admin password and click on ok , after few moment the pop up error will go away .

( f ) Check the box of keychain and no option button will be shown in front of it as this is 2FA ( note : in secondary authentication id you can see option button ) .

( g) Check the box of photos and iCloud Drive it will show setting up wait for a while , click on options button every box is checked , click on done also check the box of Siri a pop up window appears do you want to merge your bookmarks and reading list with iCloud , click on ok , the box for safari that was dimmed will turn on , finally all is set .

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2018 11:35 AM in response to Laliceanu

( a) Enter your 2FA id password and click on continue , circle rotates wait for a while it will stuck and have patience , you can see a red notification 1 over system preferences in the dock , hover the cursor on top menu bar over system preferences you can see SBBOD , it will show preferences error there was an error in iCloud preferences , click on ok .

( b ) Now open system preferences , click on iCloud in the window you will see update Apple ID settings some account services will not be available until you sign again ( having a yellow exclamation mark ) , click on continue .

( c ) It will show update apple settings , some account services will not be available until you sign in again , click on continue .

( d ) Enter your 2FA id password , click on ok .

( e ) Enter your Mac password to continue in the next window so enter your admin password and click on ok , after few moment the pop up error will go away .

( f ) Check the box of keychain and no option button will be shown in front of it as this is 2FA ( note : in secondary authentication id you can see option button ) .

( g) Check the box of photos and iCloud Drive it will show setting up wait for a while , click on options button every box is checked , click on done also check the box of Siri a pop up window appears do you want to merge your bookmarks and reading list with iCloud , click on ok , the box for safari that was dimmed will turn on , finally all is set .

Cant Finish Setting Up Two Factor Authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.