Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12 slow internet

Since updating to iOS 12 my iPhone 7 Plus has speeds of 2Mbps download on my Wi-Fi while the other iPhones that have not been updated are still running 20. Even LTE speeds lag tremendously. I have done a soft boot/reset, and I have reset network settings multiple times. I feel like I’m back to DialUp speeds and living in the dark ages. Is there a fix?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 9:30 PM

It sounds like a glitchy download of iOS 12. Maybe try putting it into recovery mode, connecting it to a computer with iTunes and doing a forced software update which re-downloads iOS 12, hopefully without the same issue. The link for how to do that is here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

If that doesn’t resolve it, you may want to try making sure all of your important information is **synced** through iCloud (not saved in a backup) and follow the same steps but instead of updating it, you will want to restore it and set it up as a new iPhone rather than restoring from a backup. (Sometimes these issues can travel with a backup so when you restore from that backup, you restore that issue right along with it).

Hopefully this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2018 9:30 PM in response to DavesGuns

It sounds like a glitchy download of iOS 12. Maybe try putting it into recovery mode, connecting it to a computer with iTunes and doing a forced software update which re-downloads iOS 12, hopefully without the same issue. The link for how to do that is here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

If that doesn’t resolve it, you may want to try making sure all of your important information is **synced** through iCloud (not saved in a backup) and follow the same steps but instead of updating it, you will want to restore it and set it up as a new iPhone rather than restoring from a backup. (Sometimes these issues can travel with a backup so when you restore from that backup, you restore that issue right along with it).

Hopefully this helps!

iOS 12 slow internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.