Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo albums gone after iOS 12 update

Hi guys,

I am a person with a system for several years: Each photo that ends in my photo album on my Apple devices is cataloged by year and month that was taken and put on a specific path (e.g 2008-January). I love my system (since my brain works that way) and unfortunately with the recent update to iOS12 all my albums disappeared.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

At first I almost had an attack; after corroborating that my photos were still on iCloud and on my devices, I started to analyze what happened. After researching the internet, I discovered that I'm not the only one who went through this: The beta testers found that the ambums had not vanished, but are hidden for some reason. When looking in the menu "Search" any of the albums I had done (in this example April) I can confirm that my albums are there and the photos inside them.

User uploaded file

Some will ask me "Rafael, why do you keep your photos chronologically, if the app can, and does, the same thing?" As it turns out, there are very old photos that were taken in 2010 and correspond to previous years (1970, 1985, etc. ) and I want to manually place them in albums manually.

I ask the technical support that is responsible for solving this problem in a next update of iOS12 to continue working and organizing my photos as before.

Cheers,

Rafael

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 12:20 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Photo albums gone after iOS 12 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.