Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave and afp file sharing

I have upgraded Mid 2015 MacBook Pro and 2014 Mac Mini to Mojave and since the upgrade afp file sharing no longer works. I use the Mini as a file server and when trying to connect to it from MacBook I just get 'Failed to connect' error. I have tried switching to smb but get constant permission errors saving Photoshop files and permission errors with .smbdelete files from any MS Office file. I have rolled the Mini back to High Sierra and afp is working fine again and I can save all files to it across the network. I am connecting via ethernet and using and old 3rd generation Time Capsule as a switch.

Has anyone had similar issues with Mojave and afp or is just me? Please post if you have.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 1:59 PM

Exactly the same problem. SMB shares that worked 100 percent reliably in High Sierra are getting dropped left and right under Mojave. It's to a level where getting any work done with files from the server are pointless.

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 9, 2018 2:31 PM in response to woodmeister50

Hi,

Yes, have tried with both selected and just smb. Either way when I connect with SMB I can't open, edit and save Photoshop files without permission error and also get .smddelete permissions error opening and editing MS Office files. Boot drive for Mini is Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Shame Apple are dropping afp support as it works great. All my issues are coming from smb.

Mojave and afp file sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.