Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone XS Yellow Tint

When i bought IPhone XS i found out that screen looks yellowish. Furthermore i checked around 10 iphones in the store and all of them had that defect (XS, XS Max). True tone and night shift off. BTW IPhone X is ok.

And probably it's important that when i slightly change the angle of view yellowish tint disappear.

I read a lot of articles (reddit, macrumors, etc) and in the end all the conclusions were as follows:

1. You can fix it by "colour filters / colourtint".
  2. It's same yellow gate like on phone 4s. And this effect disappear in two weeks.
  3. Yellow is a new white and it's good for your eyes (apple funs version).
  4. Yellow is okey, because it's OLED display (apple store employees version).

After that i did research buy myself. I made the white picture, opened it on my iphone xs, phone se and macbook pro retina.

Shutter speed - 4000:

User uploaded file

I want to remind that pictures on the phones are same, but on the photo of XS display i see yellowish tint and stripes. When I look at it with my eyes I see only a yellowish tint. And also macbook display looks white, but on the photo it looks almost same as XS display.

Shutter speed - 4000:

User uploaded file

The same difference as in the previous image. But again. When I look at macbook display with my eyes the display looks white, XS display yellowish.

Shutter speed - 60:

User uploaded file

The colors of both displays are the same.

---

Questions:

Color rendering is very important to me. And I will be very happy if someone explain me the displays behavior and tell how to solve yellow tint problem.

Warning: the "colour filters / colour tint" setting isn't fix. Setting changes colors globally.

iPhone XS, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 9:18 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

IPhone XS Yellow Tint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.