Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Relocated my Sound Library but my Mac HD is still full

Hi!

Yesterday I relocated my Sound Library into an external hard-drive to free up space in the Macintosh HD. Before the relocation I had around 20-25 GB of free space left and after almost 100 GB. This morning noticed that I only have 22,54 GB of free space, again. Logic says that my current Sound Library files location is my external hard-drive. I checked the external hard-drive and the files are there. Checked Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support and there's a "Logic" alias folder, and it's info says that the original is in my external hard drive. Also checked /Users/HGR/Library/Application Support: there's a 404,3 MB "Logic" folder.

What can I do to solve this problem?

I have Logic Pro 10.4.2

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 4 TBT3), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 4:22 AM

Have you checked what's in your trash and if necessary emptied it?

Go in to System Information (Apple logo top left of screen) choose the storage tab and click manage, can you ascertain anything useful there to tell you what's occupying all the space and deal with it from there?

Do you have any backup's set?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2018 4:22 AM in response to Nanreh

Have you checked what's in your trash and if necessary emptied it?

Go in to System Information (Apple logo top left of screen) choose the storage tab and click manage, can you ascertain anything useful there to tell you what's occupying all the space and deal with it from there?

Do you have any backup's set?

Relocated my Sound Library but my Mac HD is still full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.