Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earphone issue where song randomly play, , stop and Siri randomly activated

So with my EarPods that came with my iPhone 8, songs will start randomly playing, when using YouTube videos skip and pause. However when I use some standard headphones, keep in mind there are no button controls on the headphones, I just receive a ticking noise every 1 second (using the adapter)

Is there a problem with my phones internals, or I’m I just choosing wrong ear/headphones?

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 8:20 AM

Good morning OJJames04,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communites! I see that you're having some trouble with your EarPods and another set of headphones not working with your iPhone the way that they should. I'd like to help out.

First, take a look at these steps in this resource, particularly cleaning out the port on the iPhone for debris or dirt: If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know how that works out for you. Take care.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2018 8:20 AM in response to OJJames04

Good morning OJJames04,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communites! I see that you're having some trouble with your EarPods and another set of headphones not working with your iPhone the way that they should. I'd like to help out.

First, take a look at these steps in this resource, particularly cleaning out the port on the iPhone for debris or dirt: If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know how that works out for you. Take care.

Earphone issue where song randomly play, , stop and Siri randomly activated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.