Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texting issue

Iphone 6s ios12.0.1 issue with texting. a week ago family switched from shared Apple ID to everyone having own Id. linked using family sharing. Now for just one family member X cannot text directly, it always goes to another person Y each time. But if I text X and a dummy as group tex, X receives tex, but not in iMessage.

Posted on Oct 17, 2018 1:09 PM

3 replies

Oct 31, 2018 11:39 AM in response to Demo

Thanks, I backed up my phone and deleted texts messages from that family member. Toggled off imessage and powered down phone. After 10 minutes powered back phone. Toggled imessage on. Got message 'waiting for activation'. Powered phone down again for few minutes and turned it back on. imessage was back on. Texts now go to right person.

All this started with my wife and I plus kids sharing the same appleid and switching over to family sharing with each person have our individual accounts. I had to deregister one of the phone numbers linked to a family member as it was attached to my imessage without any ability to edit and remove that phone.

I am planning to restore phone and see if the text messages continue to behave! Thanks Again.

Texting issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.