Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Renaming a screen control corrupts concert

MainStage v3.4.0, macOS 10.14

1) New concert, choose Keyboard template (or any, probably).

2) In Layout mode, select the vertical meter.

3) In the Screen Control Inspector, type in a different name e.g. "Foo".

4) Click away from the text box so the new name is set.

5) Save and close the concert.

6) Try to re-open the concert, fails with this error message: 'The document "testing.concert" could not be opened. The file isn't in the correct format. Please restore it from backup.'

Some screen controls such as the keyboard can be safely renamed, others such as vertical meter, vertical fader, expression pedal, etc. corrupt the concert as described.

MainStage, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 17, 2018 11:00 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 5, 2018 2:37 PM in response to David77619

Same exact thing happened to me just starting today! Was tidying my large concerts and renaming screen controls, now all those concerts have been corrupted! Couldn't figure out what was causing the corruption, than started a concert from scratch reserving with a new name after every edit, and lo and behold, traced it down to literally renaming a screen control. Hoping myself and David77619 aren't the only ones. Seriously hoping I can get these concert layouts back. Tried trashing MainStage prefs, to no avail.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

MacOs - Mojave 10.14.1

Logic Pro X - 10.4.2

Mainstage - 3.4

Renaming a screen control corrupts concert

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.