Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upgrade to OS 10.11.4, but need it to sync phone..

Hey! Im looking for a workaround for my problem - My computer is too old for the new OS upgrade (10.11.4), and since it was released my Iphone won't sync with Itunes anymore.
Any solution?

Itunes just tells me I have to upgrade to be able to sync, but my old mac (mid 2010), doesnt support any update further than 10.10.5.

Thanks in advance

OBS,MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 10:49 AM

Upgrade at the Mac App Store. If you don't have an account then create one. Otherwise, sign in, search for El Capitan then download the installer. El Capitan Download from App Store. If you already have downloaded it, then re-download from your App Store's Purchases page.

4 replies

Oct 20, 2018 10:46 AM in response to Robinlindgren

You need a new computer to replace your 8 year old one, borrow one from a friend (Mac or Windows) or take your iPhone to an Apple store to update it (make an appointment: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple). Or install Windows on your computer using Bootcamp or one of the virtual machine products such as VMWare Fusion.

Can't upgrade to OS 10.11.4, but need it to sync phone..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.