Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Camera Sensor Size and Resolution

Hello.

I am looking for information on the sensors that are used in iPhone 8. I want to use it for imaging the Moon and I need to know the size of the sensor and the size of each pixel. It is a 12MP sensor, and if I know how wide it is and how many pixels fit in that width then I can figure out the pixel size, which is a pretty small number.

Thanks in advance

Farzad

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), Mid 2012 Model A1286

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 2:48 PM

Well, that isn't always true. Not everyone on the forum is like me and if data is not on Apple's website it doesn't mean that it is a secret, it could simply mean that Apple wants to publish information that most people would want to know about.

Here is a link I finally found that provides the information I was looking for:iPhone 8 sensor size: iOS Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Farzad

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2018 2:48 PM in response to panchososa694

Well, that isn't always true. Not everyone on the forum is like me and if data is not on Apple's website it doesn't mean that it is a secret, it could simply mean that Apple wants to publish information that most people would want to know about.

Here is a link I finally found that provides the information I was looking for:iPhone 8 sensor size: iOS Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Farzad

iPhone 8 Camera Sensor Size and Resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.