Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone is restricted to make FaceTime Calls?

Hello, I have an iPhoneXs Max, I bought it in china, and I'm now back in my country, I found out that when I updated my iOS to the 12 one, my iPhone doesn't show FaceTime audio calls at all (img 1), and when I asked Siri to Make the FaceTime call, it says that my iPhone is set to restrict FaceTime calls, FaceTime video calls are working perfectly!

Image 1

Thanks for your helpUser uploaded file

iPhone Xs Max, iOS 12.0.1, Bought in China

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 1:20 PM

Facetime Audio, is specifically banned / not supported in China. So iPhones sold there have it disabled. It never could have worked.

See here:

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Asia-Pacific - Apple Support

FaceTime Audio is not supported in China.

Group FaceTime is not supported in China.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2018 1:20 PM in response to RafaelPiconHossain

Facetime Audio, is specifically banned / not supported in China. So iPhones sold there have it disabled. It never could have worked.

See here:

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Asia-Pacific - Apple Support

FaceTime Audio is not supported in China.

Group FaceTime is not supported in China.

Dec 17, 2018 10:19 AM in response to Phil0124

I have lived in China and used FaceTime audio calls since its launched. It was on iPhone bought in HK and used in China.

First time i bought an iPhone (Xs Max) in China, to get the double sim, at the Apple store and FaceTime calls not working with China Telecom Sim Card or foreign SIM cards.

Very disapointed, specialy with the price of the phone, Apple should be able to update it.

My iPhone is restricted to make FaceTime Calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.