Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mojave update no Ethernet no WiFi’s

I just updated to Mojave on a 2014 IMac. I no longer have connectivity either by Ethernet or WiFi. Network preferences are empty unless I leave machine on for prolonged period (several hours) and even then, while populated I cannot select anything in the list to alter in anyway. Network preferences are non functioning.

WiFi at the top of the screen reads “WiFi No hardware installed”. I cannot access any external drives including my Time Machine backup so I’m essentially stuck with Mojave and no way to move forward or back.

Any my thoughts before I lug this machine to the apple store?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), drobo external

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2018 5:10 PM

So I caved and brought it to the Apple store. They were thoroughly perplexed, sure that the Airport card was bad. It wasn't. Erased machine and reloaded Mojave. Just setting everything back up. Thanks for the help y'all

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 26, 2018 3:26 AM in response to mikefromnutley

This "network preferences taking a long time to populate" thing is absolutely NOT normal.

There is probably some sort of corruption in your Mojave installation.

I would try to reinstall Mojave over the current system by booting into recovery mode - though I am not sure if that will work.

First, try restarting in Safe Mode. It will be slow, but if you have network access it will point to a third party software conflict. If that is the case, download Etrecheck whilst in Safe Mode, and then restart. Run Etrecheck after booting normally, and post the report here.

Oct 27, 2018 2:19 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Okay. tried safe mode no connection there either. reinstalled Mojave from recovery mode. Same issue but while in recovery mode i was able to connect to my wifi under “get help online”. unfortunately it wasn’t much help. lol.

i also tried to suggested email below. i did not have “bad file”

Im off to work but i look forward to more suggestions. thanks for the help

mike

mojave update no Ethernet no WiFi’s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.