Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printers disappeared after Mojave update and won’t reinstall!

After updating to Mojave I was able to print from both of my printers- HP Officejet Pro 8600 and Dymo Labelwriter 4XL. The following morning both printers were gone and for 3 days I have been trying to find them or reinstall them without any luck.

I have downloaded the newest software from both Dymo and HP and still no luck. I need both of these printers for work and really need some help here, very very frustrated!

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 8:19 AM

4 replies

Oct 28, 2018 10:47 PM in response to Jennifr313

I had the same problem with my HP Laserjet and got assistance in getting it working by following these steps:

let's try adding an alternate print driver using Apple Software Update, here is how to do it:

1.) Connect the printer using a USB cable.

2.) Download and install HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for OS X from here.

3.) Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

4.) Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

5.) If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign User uploaded fileto delete the printer.

6.) Click the plus sign User uploaded file, click Add Printer or Scanner.

7.) Select the listed Deskjet printer.

8.) Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.

9.) Select the HP model series.

10.) Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

Hope this helps for the HP printer!

Oct 28, 2018 10:31 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you for trying to help me! There are no printers listed in the printer section at all and when I click to add a printer it shows my HP but I get errors even after updating and downloading the most up to date software. The same happened with my Dymo printer. It only shows if connected by USB after clicking the +

I downloaded drivers for each yet when I get to the “select software” it’s empty...

Printers disappeared after Mojave update and won’t reinstall!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.