Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pc cannot access latest photos on iPhone

Just installed iTunes 12.9.1.4 As a result, my PC cannot see the current folder within DCIM on my iPhone with the latest photos. It can still see three old folders and access the photos held in them. Any suggestions on how to cure the problem?

iPod touch (6th generation), Windows 10

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 3:59 PM

Just had a good look and, sure enough, the latest photos are not at the end of the folder where I found earlier ones but are scattered in the 102 folder. Never noticed this before - I recently installed IOS12 - did that affect it? Or did a tidy up deleting unwanted photos create the problem? Anyway thanks for your help, photos now copied across OK

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2018 3:59 PM in response to turingtest2

Just had a good look and, sure enough, the latest photos are not at the end of the folder where I found earlier ones but are scattered in the 102 folder. Never noticed this before - I recently installed IOS12 - did that affect it? Or did a tidy up deleting unwanted photos create the problem? Anyway thanks for your help, photos now copied across OK

Nov 2, 2018 3:15 PM in response to turingtest2

It has worked fine until the update this morning. Until then, Explorer could see 100.101.102.and103Apple folders on the phone and I copied some holiday photos from 103 a couple of weeks ago. Now 103 with my latest photos does not appear in Explorer although the photos are in camera roll and can be emailed to my PC. I have tried 'retrusting' the PC, rebooting everything and switching Apple Mobile Device Support off and on. I don't understand how IOS manages folders nor how Explorer 'sees' what is held on the phone so am stuck. Could the installation be corrupt? I haven't had problems before but there is always a first time.

Pc cannot access latest photos on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.