Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snare on Roland TD-11 not working in Logic

I'm stumped. My V-Drum snare just quit working. The rim and even the rim-shot work fine but not the center of the snare. Its not the pad and its not the cable as they both work fine if I'm listening through the TD-11 headphone jack. I'm using the Drum Kit plugin that comes with Logic X. Logic registers a midi note off message from the snare but never registers a note on. This just happened suddenly. I've updated all relevant drivers and firmware to no avail. There were no error or warning messages in "security and privacy" in system preferences. The rest of the drum set works fine, which is super confusing. Either something in the Roland head is not working properly or something in my computer is blocking a specific note on message. Only note off messages appear even in the environment window. Also, I know its not the USB cable and I've done a factory reset on the Roland head to no success. I have been doing a lot of other midi configuring with a Fishman Tripleplay and may have tripped something accidentally.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2018 11:04 AM

I solved the problem! The issues was with my logic preferences. I deleted the plists, restarted my computer and everything works great! Thanks for your time JotaGi!

Here's a cut and paste of what to do if anyone has a similar problem:

8. Delete user preferences

Before deleting user preferences, note any specific preference settings that you’ve made, and save any custom key commands you've created. Deleting preferences removes any custom preference settings and custom key commands.

To delete the user preferences, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro X.
  2. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  3. Enter ~/Library/Preferences, then click Go.
  4. Remove the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file from the Preferences folder.
  5. If you upgraded from an earlier version of Logic Pro, also remove the "com.apple.logic.pro" file.
  6. Restart your Mac.

After deleting preferences, open your project and try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing. If the issue no longer occurs, open Logic Pro X preferences, reapply your custom settings, and import your custom key commands.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2018 11:04 AM in response to Radarhus

I solved the problem! The issues was with my logic preferences. I deleted the plists, restarted my computer and everything works great! Thanks for your time JotaGi!

Here's a cut and paste of what to do if anyone has a similar problem:

8. Delete user preferences

Before deleting user preferences, note any specific preference settings that you’ve made, and save any custom key commands you've created. Deleting preferences removes any custom preference settings and custom key commands.

To delete the user preferences, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro X.
  2. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  3. Enter ~/Library/Preferences, then click Go.
  4. Remove the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file from the Preferences folder.
  5. If you upgraded from an earlier version of Logic Pro, also remove the "com.apple.logic.pro" file.
  6. Restart your Mac.

After deleting preferences, open your project and try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing. If the issue no longer occurs, open Logic Pro X preferences, reapply your custom settings, and import your custom key commands.

Snare on Roland TD-11 not working in Logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.