Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Opens Randomly

Recently, on my 2015 MacBook Air, while watching Netflix, youtube, etc, on full screen, the mail app opens up on split screen. There is no provocations for it such as new mail, errors, or anything. Is anyone else having this problem and/or have a solution? It's kind of annoying and creeps me out honestly.

My Mac is up to date (Mojave) but its been happening since before I updated to Mojave.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 3, 2018 10:01 PM

1 reply

Nov 5, 2018 8:16 AM in response to sralfaro

Good morning sralfaro!

I see that you're having some trouble with your Mac opening Mail in split screen. I'd like to help out.

The issue may be with third-party software. The best way to determine this for sure is to create a test user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If Mail doesn't open in split screen, the issue will be with third-party software or settings in your other account.

Safe mode is another good mode to test in. Be aware that internet access is limited in safe mode, but sometimes just starting in this mode and then restarting normally can resolve issues like this: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Keep us updated. Take care!

Email Opens Randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.