Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot hear guitar in Logic X with Scarlett Solo interface

Hi there,

I am aware this was asked a million times but I have gone through every previous similar answers and it still doesn’t work for me.

A little about my config to begin:

Macbook Pro: High Sierra 10.13.6

Logic Pro X: 10.4.2

Scarlett Solo Audio Interface: guitar

I have made sure of the following:

Input/Output: is set up as the Scarlet In both the logic as well as the computer setup

In Preferences/Audio: Software Monitoring is ticked. Input monitoring only for focused...is NOT ticked.

Low latency mode is NOT ticked.

R is ticked on my channel strip.

I can hear clean guitar sound through the headphones when they are plugged to the Scarlett and ‘Direct Monitor’ Is switched on; however, Logic doesn’t pick up any input, let alone apply any amp 😟

Not sure what to do anymore.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks all,

Greg

Posted on Nov 6, 2018 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2018 3:45 AM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for joining the conversation and your help.

You are right, I had selected R (but the button is blinking and it was not easy getting a snapshot that captured it as it went red). But I did manage so I did again a snapshot with both on: the I and the R (see below).

User uploaded file

I have somehow managed to make it work - at the top of mixing strip, it was set as Input 1 and when I randomly changed to Input 2 it worked! (see snapshot): so I can now hear and see my guitar in the Input in Logic 🙂 yay

User uploaded file

Thanks for your help everyone, it's much appreciated.

Greg

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2018 3:45 AM in response to S.2

Hi Steve,

Thanks for joining the conversation and your help.

You are right, I had selected R (but the button is blinking and it was not easy getting a snapshot that captured it as it went red). But I did manage so I did again a snapshot with both on: the I and the R (see below).

User uploaded file

I have somehow managed to make it work - at the top of mixing strip, it was set as Input 1 and when I randomly changed to Input 2 it worked! (see snapshot): so I can now hear and see my guitar in the Input in Logic 🙂 yay

User uploaded file

Thanks for your help everyone, it's much appreciated.

Greg

Nov 8, 2018 3:45 AM in response to GregLondonHighbury

Hi Greg,

If you are trying to use the input monitoring on Logic then you need to click on the I near the bottom of the channel strip. Note the amber background color on the I.

User uploaded file

I personally prefer the direct monitor for what I'm doing but that may be a totally different need from you.

As far as recording, it may have been just the timing of the screen shot, but you don't appear to have armed the channel either. Note my red background for the R.

Maybe that's too simple and you've already done that or I'm missing your problem all together, but that's my take at the moment.

Good luck,

Steve

Nov 8, 2018 6:36 AM in response to GregLondonHighbury

That's great Greg... That was the next thing to try. Given it was a solo I was guessing it only had one input but it appears it may have 2, I'm not that familiar with that interface. The Input # is the USB bus number from the interface. As an example, my Mix Pre 6 from Sound Devices has 8 inputs and 4 outputs. USB 1-6 are the ISO tracks and 7 & 8 is the L/R mix. You just need to make sure you select the correct input in logic to match the input from the interface.

Sounds like now is a good time to download the manual for the interface if you haven't already and see what they say about the input and output channels. If it's not in the manual, it should be though, then check some of their forums or tech support to see if they can give you the line up.

Happy you have it working now!

Cannot hear guitar in Logic X with Scarlett Solo interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.