Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove very old message failed to send notification?

When I reboot my phone, it frequently reports that a message failed to send... over 300 days ago.

How can I remove that message from existence? I really no longer care that I tried to text my son sometime around last Christmas, and it didn’t go through.

Thanks.

Posted on Nov 9, 2018 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 12:14 PM

Hello ThunderSi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after restarting your iPhone, you're receiving an alert that an old message failed to send. I can surely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help. I recommend deleting this specific conversation and starting a new one.
  1. Open Messages and find the conversation that you want to delete.
  2. Swipe left over the conversation.
  3. Tap Delete.

When you delete a message, you can't recover it. If you want to save parts of a message, take a screenshot. To save an attachment in a message, touch and hold the attachment, tap More, then tap Save.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2018 12:14 PM in response to ThunderSi

Hello ThunderSi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after restarting your iPhone, you're receiving an alert that an old message failed to send. I can surely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help. I recommend deleting this specific conversation and starting a new one.
  1. Open Messages and find the conversation that you want to delete.
  2. Swipe left over the conversation.
  3. Tap Delete.

When you delete a message, you can't recover it. If you want to save parts of a message, take a screenshot. To save an attachment in a message, touch and hold the attachment, tap More, then tap Save.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

How to remove very old message failed to send notification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.