Question:

Question: iPad Pro 2018 WiFi problems

Hi,

I have the new iPad pro for a few days now. I notice that the iPad no longer has internet access for a certain period of time. this takes 10 minutes, or I do a restart. When I use a hotspot, the problem is the same. It is very annoying.

iPad Pro 11-inch, Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 21, 2018 12:40 PM in response to fyip In response to fyip

This is not the answer to this issue. The issue is that our iPad Pro 2018 is still connected to WiFi but is not connected to the internet. This happens when I close my iPad and then reopen it after a few minutes. It’s still connected to WiFi but is no longer connecting to the internet. I’ve returned my iPad thinking it was just my device. I bought another one iPad 12.9 and still this is happening

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 21, 2018 12:40 PM in response to fyip In response to fyip

This is not the answer to this issue. The issue is that our iPad Pro 2018 is still connected to WiFi but is not connected to the internet. This happens when I close my iPad and then reopen it after a few minutes. It’s still connected to WiFi but is no longer connecting to the internet. I’ve returned my iPad thinking it was just my device. I bought another one iPad 12.9 and still this is happening

Nov 21, 2018 12:40 PM

Reply Helpful (11)

Nov 21, 2018 6:14 PM in response to Justincag In response to Justincag

I also have this problem. the iPad Pro 2018 12.5” (plus cell) when it sometimes wakes from sleep, is connected to the router but NOT able to get to the internet. Also, it will NOT connect via LTE either. The ONLY fix is a hard boot. After the hard boot, immediate connection to WiFi and internet.

It it seems that it only happens towards the end of the day. Battery around 50%. After its charges all night, I don’t have trouble again until the next evening.... when the batter is again around 50%.

turning OFF WiFi auto connect works. When the ipad wakes up, I manually connect to the network. No problems getting to the internet. If the iPad doesn’t go into sleep mode, no problems with dropping or not being able to connect to the internet.

my home network is not the issue. Every other device (apple or otherwise) we have works fine. Router is apple AirPort Extreme. Service is AT&T.

i think that there is a power management bug on this iPad.

Nov 21, 2018 6:14 PM

Reply Helpful (2)

Nov 21, 2018 6:21 PM in response to fyip In response to fyip

this is not the issue. The issue is that the iPad Pro 2018 is connect to WiFi its on the network. But, it doesn’t see the internet. See my post below.

also weird is that when this happens (for me, only when it wakes up after sleep, with battery around 50% or less) is that the airport utility also suggests that the router is no longer on the network. Well, it is.... I’m connect to it as are other devices in the house and all of them are surfing right at the same moment!

there is some kind of software bug.... or possibly a hardware problem or combo causing this to happen. It’s not the router IMO.

Nov 21, 2018 6:21 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 24, 2018 8:00 PM in response to Justincag In response to Justincag

I have this issue too on the 11.5 inch model. The issue happens usually when waking up from sleep. It seems to happen more often when the iPad is standing upright with the smart folio.

Restoring the iPad doesn’t work. The only thing that fixes it is, as noted, rebooting the iPad. Also, the functionality will return after about 10 minutes as was also noted. Issue happens at any battery level.

Probably a software problem with the way the iPad wakes up. Waiting on a firmware update to hopefully fix the issue.

Nov 24, 2018 8:00 PM

Reply Helpful (3)

Dec 2, 2018 7:51 PM in response to Justincag In response to Justincag

I have this same issue on my IPad 2018 11. No connection from anywhere from 1Hr to 24 hrs... Even a reboot does not Resolve the issue for me. Also tried to isolate, by turning off WiFi then alternately Cellular, but this also did not affect the issue. Brought my new IPad back to NYC store and they swapped it for a new one since it was only a week old. Everything seemed fine, but now I am having the same issue on this one too, and I have only had it a few days... Love the new IPad and Pen otherwise, and have been going paperless, but need the internet in order to accomplish this! Apple PLEASE HELP!!! This seems to be a big issue on multiple devices...

Dec 2, 2018 7:51 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 3, 2018 7:55 AM in response to Bmortimo In response to Bmortimo

I’ve returned my iPad and bought the same model - iPad 12.9 and still the same issue. I plan to return it again this week and buy a new one. I’ll keep repeating this until I get an iPad without this issue. For such an expensive device, I’m not willing to be stuck with such an annoying “feature”.

Dec 3, 2018 7:55 AM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: Justincag

Question: iPad Pro 2018 WiFi problems