Question:

Question: Brand New Ipad Pro 11 inch screen issues

Hi everyone, received my Ipad Pro 11'' already having issues with the touchscreen, its unresponsive when laid flat on a table, I noticed it seems to work fine when you lift the device up slightly, it just doesnt work when you want to swipe up, scroll on menus, emails etc.. is anyone else experiencing this problem? its quite frustrating at the moment... model is 11'' space grey 1T WiFi

thanks

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Hi Everyone,

I figured out the problem it was the screen protector, I put a tempered glass one on temporarily until my matte one arrived, which rendered it pretty much usless, unresponsive, I now have a matte one (because I use it primarily for artwork) it is working excellently, but even for general please check if you intend to put one on, I never had a problem before even with tempered glass so just be aware 🙂

Posted on

Nov 9, 2018 2:37 PM in response to Jwongy In response to Jwongy

Do you have a screen protector on it? If so, I suggest removing it and trying to see if it works and is responsive to touch without it.

If that does not work, and you’re still having problems,I would definitely set up an appointment with the Genius Bar near you and let them have a look As it could be the digitizer and if that’s the case, you’d get a replacement.

Nov 9, 2018 2:37 PM

Reply Helpful (2)

Nov 9, 2018 3:30 PM in response to Jwongy In response to Jwongy

Bring it back to your “local” Apple for another replacement and set it up and test it in the store thoroughly before you leave the store.

This is a brand new iPad and brand new model. You shouldn't be having any operational issues with it.

You have 14 days to keep getting replacement iPads until you finally get one that has no operational/cosmetic issues.

Bring it back to your “local” Apple Store and get another new iPad Pro!

Nov 9, 2018 3:30 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2018 5:25 AM in response to Jwongy In response to Jwongy

I am also having the same issue with my 11 inch iPad Pro as well. The only thing that helps for me is to restart the device. I think I will be returning the device to bestbuy so I am not stuck with a 800 dollar device that doesn’t work.

Nov 11, 2018 5:25 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Apple recommended

Nov 13, 2018 4:15 AM in response to Jwongy In response to Jwongy

Hi Everyone,

I figured out the problem it was the screen protector, I put a tempered glass one on temporarily until my matte one arrived, which rendered it pretty much usless, unresponsive, I now have a matte one (because I use it primarily for artwork) it is working excellently, but even for general please check if you intend to put one on, I never had a problem before even with tempered glass so just be aware 🙂

Nov 13, 2018 4:15 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Nov 13, 2018 6:07 PM in response to Jwongy In response to Jwongy

That’s great news that you were able to figure out the issue. Unfortunately for me, i did not have a screen protector on so I can’t say that was a issue for me. I can report that I did return my iPad Pro for a different one and so far things have been running great with no issues.

Nov 13, 2018 6:07 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 27, 2018 2:07 PM in response to Jwongy In response to Jwongy

The problem is the Tempered glass screen protector.

There are are a lot of comments on this on the internet.

See https://www.reddit.com/r/ipad/comments/9xijub/ipad_pro_11_tempered_glass_screen_ protector/

it seems when lying flat, if u try to swipe etc, it is totally unresponsive.

However if u touch with your left hand the side bezel and then try to swipe, it works perfect.

Or if u lift up the Ipad with the left hand and then swipe, again it behaves perfect.

Somehow, there is a capacitive effect that happens once you put the glass screen protector that gets neutralized when touching the body with the left hand.

I experienced it myself. I had to remove the temepered glass protector.

Plastic screen protectors dont have that issue. I put a plastic protector and it works fine.

Will have to wait for a few months for the manufacturers to figuere out a solution.

Nov 27, 2018 2:07 PM

Reply Helpful (3)

Nov 27, 2018 2:49 PM in response to Jwongy In response to Jwongy

I had the exact same problem as well, removing the tempered glass (which tempered glass had the best reviews on Amazon.com) fixed the problem. I consider myself an iPad superuser, using it daily at work and home. Other folks who don’t use it as much may not notice this much problem with tempered glass. I guess for now, I have to rely on apple care plus to take care of my iPad screen.

Nov 27, 2018 2:49 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Jwongy

Question: Brand New Ipad Pro 11 inch screen issues