Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reason I can't save music without iCloud Music Library

Is there a real reason I am unable to download music or create playlists from Apple Music without turning on iCloud library? Turning on iCloud music makes a mess of the live bootlegs tags and artwork I have in my library.

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 1:05 PM

Apple Music without the iCloud Music Library is a streaming service with no ability to "save" anything.

Enabling the iCloud Music Library creates a resource where downloaded music and playlists can be stored. That library is synced between devices with Apple Music embattled and using the same Apple ID.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://apple.com/feedback

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2018 1:05 PM in response to TimmE

Apple Music without the iCloud Music Library is a streaming service with no ability to "save" anything.

Enabling the iCloud Music Library creates a resource where downloaded music and playlists can be stored. That library is synced between devices with Apple Music embattled and using the same Apple ID.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://apple.com/feedback

Dec 26, 2018 7:12 AM in response to TimmE

Would love to know that too.

Considering :

(a) the size of my library

(b) the amount of time I've spent tagging my files

(c) the type of music I listen to (live albums, classical, film scores)

I don't want:

(1) to be forced to upload music to iCloud -> let me choose what I want to match or upload

(2) Apple to be (d)ucking around with the files on my hard drive -> leave my tags alone!

Like you, I want:

• to be able to create playlists and
  • download music

without having to deal with the mandatory obligations of iCloud Music Library (forced uploads, tags, artwork changes, mismatched files).

Reason I can't save music without iCloud Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.