Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do when getting an invalid email address message

I’m trying to add the email address for my Apple ID to my iPhone under Settings for icloud access but I get a message that my email address is invalid.

It is in fact a real, working email address which I’ve previously used for my Apple ID/iCloud so what can I do about this invalid email address message?User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 7:14 AM

Greetings, katriece288.

I see that you're trying to add an email address to your Apple ID. The problem is, you're receiving a message that the email address isn't available, and I'm happy to help.

About your Apple ID email addresses -- If you're using that email address as an additional address or rescue email address, it won't be available.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2018 7:14 AM in response to katriece288

Greetings, katriece288.

I see that you're trying to add an email address to your Apple ID. The problem is, you're receiving a message that the email address isn't available, and I'm happy to help.

About your Apple ID email addresses -- If you're using that email address as an additional address or rescue email address, it won't be available.

Take care!

What to do when getting an invalid email address message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.