Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 -Distorted notification sound

Since few months now I experience distorted notification sound (sms only) on my iPhone 7. It occurs randomly (let say 50-60% of cases). It sounds like my phone tries to play notification sound for 6-7 times in row . or at once (for one massage) but each attempt of playing notification interrupts already played notification - like a cascade of 6-7 sounds at once - sounds awful!

Since than there was at least 2-3 iOS updates which I have installed but nothing changed.

Can some one help?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 7:51 AM

This same exact thing is happening to me too. I have an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 12.1. Sometimes when I get a text, the "Note" text tone I have selected in Settings > Sounds & Haptics will play but it sounds ricocheted, fragmented, bounced around and echo-y and it's strange and unsettling. I've also been told by people who call me that my voice breaks up on calls with them a little more lately, and I'm unsure if this is related to the strange notification sounds being indicative of an underlying bug somewhere. I've tried rebooting, restoring from a previous backup, so far nothing helps. The weird text noises show up almost half the time, I'd say.

Really hoping a fix for this is in the works.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2018 7:51 AM in response to pawelfromgdansk

This same exact thing is happening to me too. I have an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 12.1. Sometimes when I get a text, the "Note" text tone I have selected in Settings > Sounds & Haptics will play but it sounds ricocheted, fragmented, bounced around and echo-y and it's strange and unsettling. I've also been told by people who call me that my voice breaks up on calls with them a little more lately, and I'm unsure if this is related to the strange notification sounds being indicative of an underlying bug somewhere. I've tried rebooting, restoring from a previous backup, so far nothing helps. The weird text noises show up almost half the time, I'd say.

Really hoping a fix for this is in the works.

iPhone 7 -Distorted notification sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.