Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse stumbles faltering

I describe this here in case someone comes about the same problem. I already solved it but after Apple Support was not able to help.

I had a new Mac Mini 2018 for a week when suddenly the also new Magic Mouse began strange behaviour, as if a hair was on the sensor, but it was clean. Also different surfaces made it work differently, mainly it mas not well moving and inprecise. On my Macbook it worked better, but inprecise too.

I removed any other source of radio signals without change. But then I remember I installed a new USB (not powered) hub the other day. And as soon as I removed it, all worked flawless.

Now, one would usually not think about USB when having a problem with a bluethooth device. I don´t know the connection here. But instead of conectinhg that hub directly to the Mac Mini, I connected it to the thunderbolt drive. This worked. I have other hubs connected directly but with extension USB cables in between. I don´t know if the distance makes a difference. The problem-hub ( ICY BOX IB-HUB1409-U3, 4x USB3.0 Hub, TypeA ) has a short cable.

Mac mini (2018), macOS Mojave (10.14.1), 3.2 Core i7, 32GB RAM

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 7:15 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 28, 2018 10:45 AM in response to Thomas Huerlimann

Another mystery no one, not even severel levels of Apple support has any idea how to solve. They wanted the serial number of my mouse and then sent out a replacement – which came in the wrong color. Thank you for nothing. Problem still not solved.

Well, I got rid of the hub that made the mouse unusable. The new hub causes this from time to time a little bit too, but I can work with that.

Magic Mouse stumbles faltering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.