Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete downloaded songs from my iTunes library

My master iTunes is on a Lenova thinkpad, but I also have my library on my iPhone and iPad. Downloaded songs have a little cloud with an arrow next to the title. When I try to delete them, it goes through all the screens, but the song remains on the list. I don't want to hide a particular song, I want to delete it. To the best of my knowledge, I am not signed up for Match. I don't pay for it at least. I am a complete novice so can anyone explain how to delete songs that I no longer want and are just taking up storage space on my iPhone 5s?

Also, I don't need music on my iPad version 9.3.5. Can I delete the library from the iPad without deleting my library from the other two devices (iPhone and Thinkpad)?

iPhone 5s, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 10:20 AM

You cannot delete previous purchases. If they appear with a little cloud with an arrow next to the title, then they are not using any storage on your device or in iCloud. They are simply available for download should you ever change your mind.

Deleting your music library on one device should have no effect on your other devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2018 10:20 AM in response to Xraygirl56

You cannot delete previous purchases. If they appear with a little cloud with an arrow next to the title, then they are not using any storage on your device or in iCloud. They are simply available for download should you ever change your mind.

Deleting your music library on one device should have no effect on your other devices.

I can't delete downloaded songs from my iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.