Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can’t receive emails

On my PC it’s OK; I get my mail there as usual.

On my iPhone and iPad it states “mail server not responding,” then “verify that you have entered the correct account info. in mail settings.

I then go to Passwords and Accounts - right?

I re-entered the password but that’s not the problem...

On my iPhone I tried cancelling account and reinstating it but I can’t reinstate it. It says “This POP account has already been added to your iPhone”! But its not on my mail list anymore.

It is on my iPad but can’t receive mail, as stated above, “mail server not responding.”

Would very much appreciate help.

thank you.

iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2018 7:14 PM

Good morning Bedouin1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having an issue receiving email on your iPhone and iPad. The resource below provides some general troubleshooting for email issues. While you are troubleshooting, try turning your Windows PC off. Because you have a POP email account if the mail is downloaded to one device, it might not download to additional ones. Then, go online to your email provider's website, log in, and see if you are able to send and receive messages online. See if there is an IMAP version of your account that you can use instead of POP. Confirm the email settings for the account. Since you have the account on your iPad, try working with that device first to send and receive email with the PC turned off.
If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2018 7:14 PM in response to Bedouin1

Good morning Bedouin1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having an issue receiving email on your iPhone and iPad. The resource below provides some general troubleshooting for email issues. While you are troubleshooting, try turning your Windows PC off. Because you have a POP email account if the mail is downloaded to one device, it might not download to additional ones. Then, go online to your email provider's website, log in, and see if you are able to send and receive messages online. See if there is an IMAP version of your account that you can use instead of POP. Confirm the email settings for the account. Since you have the account on your iPad, try working with that device first to send and receive email with the PC turned off.
If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Take care.

can’t receive emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.