Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad weather app

When I attempt to download the weather app from the App Store I get an error saying it requires features not supported on my device? It’s the latest generation ipad. It’s only a wireless ipad, is that the reason?

iPad (6th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 10:13 AM

iPads never had a native weather or calculator app and up until iOS 12, no Stocks app.

Apple never created these apps for iPads.

So, if you are trying to download the Apple iPhone native weather app, it will not work or download to any iPad.

You will have to go to the iOS App Store and find a weather app that works with iPad and has the types of features you are looking for in a weather app for iPad.

Also, no Health app, either as no iPad supports the Apple Watch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2018 10:13 AM in response to webnuts4u2

iPads never had a native weather or calculator app and up until iOS 12, no Stocks app.

Apple never created these apps for iPads.

So, if you are trying to download the Apple iPhone native weather app, it will not work or download to any iPad.

You will have to go to the iOS App Store and find a weather app that works with iPad and has the types of features you are looking for in a weather app for iPad.

Also, no Health app, either as no iPad supports the Apple Watch.

ipad weather app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.