Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for windows sync issues.

Consistently receiving an error message that ***@me.com subfolders are not syncing in outlook. This happened after Office 365 and iCloud for windows updates. I uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud for windows to no avail. Noticed that notes have completely stopped syncing. Here's the message:

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for ****@me.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for ***@me.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Please help!

Also, anyone having speed issues adding/updating calendar/contact iCloud items in outlook? It's very, very slow. Wish microsoft and apple would communicate and integrate more seamlessly.

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2018 11:34 AM

Hello Buddybunch,

You should try to create an app password into your apple account (https://appleid.apple.com/account), then using it with the Outlook:

1. File > Options > Send/Receive

2. Click on the Edit Button on the right hand side

3. Choose your icloud account then click on the button Account Properties on the top right

4. Click on the IMAP email tab and add your new password into Logon information, make sure your username is your complete icloud email

5. Click OK, then test if everything is working

Have a nice day,

Arcofine

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2018 11:34 AM in response to Buddybunch

Hello Buddybunch,

You should try to create an app password into your apple account (https://appleid.apple.com/account), then using it with the Outlook:

1. File > Options > Send/Receive

2. Click on the Edit Button on the right hand side

3. Choose your icloud account then click on the button Account Properties on the top right

4. Click on the IMAP email tab and add your new password into Logon information, make sure your username is your complete icloud email

5. Click OK, then test if everything is working

Have a nice day,

Arcofine

Dec 2, 2018 11:37 AM in response to arcofine

Thank you! That worked. I already had an app-specific password, but it would not accept in the iCloud for windows window. I didn't realize I could use it in the send/receive option within outlook.

I no longer get the error message during sync, however, my notes in the mail folder under my ***@me.com in outlook are still not updating. Any ideas to get them to sync?

Dec 2, 2018 11:47 AM in response to arcofine

Also, just figured out I can add an event to my iCloud calendar in outlook and it shows up on my other devices, but adding a calendar item on my other devices does not show up on my outlook calendar unless I close out of outlook and relaunch it. Relaunching seems to force a resync. The iCloud refresh button in outlook is greyed out so I cannot select to refresh my iCloud calendar in outlook.

Is there another way to force a refresh without having to close outlook and relaunch?

iCloud for windows sync issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.