Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't recognize iPad 6

I have iTunes 12.8, and Mac OS X 10.11.6. When I connect my new iPad 6, iTunes says that I need to upgrade my Mac software. My MBP is old, and I don't want to upgrade it further. The support articles says that 10.11.4 should be sufficient. What am I missing?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 3, 2018 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2018 5:56 PM

In Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text and paste it in, removing the unwanted space added by the forum software in the word Resources and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resour ces

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2018 5:56 PM in response to karenr

In Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text and paste it in, removing the unwanted space added by the forum software in the word Resources and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resour ces

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

iTunes doesn't recognize iPad 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.