Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone Problem

I have an iPhone X that I purchased within the last year. Having trouble on multiple fronts.

1. When I am on the phone and it’s up against my face it will randomly put the call on hold
  2. I am having trouble with the lightning charging port. Regardless of the cord I use it is intermittently charging. I can move the cord around and it will start charging but it might stop without moving the phone and if the phone moves it will start/stop charging. I have MANY (more than 5 in various places) cords and the behavior is pretty consistent regardless of what cord is used. I believe that there is a hardware problem in that port. I have tried blowing into the port to make sure there isn’t foreign material inside.

iPhone X, 12

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 5:36 AM

1. If you're using a case or screen protector, try removing it. The proximity sensor should detect when you do that and blank the screen. Some cases and screen protectors can interfere with that.
  2. 2. Start by cleaning out the lightning port very gently with a non conductive tool (like a wooden toothpick). Lint and grit can collect in it and interfere with the ability of the cable to seat correctly. If that doesn't do the trick, make an appointment at the genius bar.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2019 5:36 AM in response to Opus1966

1. If you're using a case or screen protector, try removing it. The proximity sensor should detect when you do that and blank the screen. Some cases and screen protectors can interfere with that.
  2. 2. Start by cleaning out the lightning port very gently with a non conductive tool (like a wooden toothpick). Lint and grit can collect in it and interfere with the ability of the cable to seat correctly. If that doesn't do the trick, make an appointment at the genius bar.

IPhone Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.