Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no problem syncing before itunes 12.9.4.94. Now it is stuck on reading photos

want feature to put photo back into iPhone

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 11, 2019 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 10:56 PM

It seems to be a problem that Apple is going back and forth with.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8345651?page=17

I can see it was discussed extensively last year and perhaps the bug was fixed. I tried all the 'fixes' suggested and none of them worked for me.

Now it's back again. I'm facing the same issues as you. Contacted Apple support via email and they asked me to use chat. I used chat and within 5 minutes (after he/she suggested I use a different cable) to go to store. WTH? Anyway, after going through several 'senior' advisors, I was told that I could go through all the steps again so they could log the details and pass to the engineer to fix the bug. But if it were a bug issue, I'll just have to wait for the new OS/iTunes update.

Naturally I wasn't excited about spending 2 hours on the phone with that that will result in potentially no change in the current problem.

Just FYi.

If anyone out there has an easy workaround/ fix, please shout out.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2019 10:56 PM in response to nares288

It seems to be a problem that Apple is going back and forth with.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8345651?page=17

I can see it was discussed extensively last year and perhaps the bug was fixed. I tried all the 'fixes' suggested and none of them worked for me.

Now it's back again. I'm facing the same issues as you. Contacted Apple support via email and they asked me to use chat. I used chat and within 5 minutes (after he/she suggested I use a different cable) to go to store. WTH? Anyway, after going through several 'senior' advisors, I was told that I could go through all the steps again so they could log the details and pass to the engineer to fix the bug. But if it were a bug issue, I'll just have to wait for the new OS/iTunes update.

Naturally I wasn't excited about spending 2 hours on the phone with that that will result in potentially no change in the current problem.

Just FYi.

If anyone out there has an easy workaround/ fix, please shout out.

no problem syncing before itunes 12.9.4.94. Now it is stuck on reading photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.