Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions have changed" Preventing App Downloads & Updates

I am trying to update some apps and download a new one, but everytime I try to do this, I'm met by this prompt:

I am able to view and accept the new Terms & Conditions, however immediately after I press 'Accept', the prompt in the photo just reappears, leaving me stuck in a loop and still unable to download/update anything. I have tried restarting the phone as well as signing in and out, but nothing has worked. Is anyone else experiencing this, and is there any fix?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 24, 2019 9:10 PM

147 replies

Apr 25, 2019 12:40 AM in response to tokkii

I am in Singapore and I have the same problem with my laptop and iPhone, this conditions to accept loop is very frustrating

I tried 2 solutions that did not wok:

Solution 1 :

1. Disconnect from iCould and App Store on my iPhone
  2. Shutdown phone / Start Phone
  3. Reconnect to iCould and App Store on my iPhone

Solution 2 :

1. Disconnect from iCould and App on my macbook pro
  2. Shutdown macbook / Start macbook
  3. Reconnect to iCould and App Store on my macbook pro

Apr 25, 2019 12:06 AM in response to tokkii

Here is a possible solution!

This happens when apple release its new T&C yesterday, which might prevents you from using multiple account in one App Store.

Firstly, make sure all your apps are got from the same apple ID, if not, you might encounter the T&C Loop problem. You can uninstall the apps from other apple IDs, and get it again from your preferred apple ID again. This fixes my problem, the T&C only appears once.

Apr 25, 2019 12:15 AM in response to tokkii

I've been on the phone with Apple Support from Singapore and apparently they have no way of resolving this, so the latest suggestion was "turn off your wifi and router" and wait for 30 mins and reconnect.!!!! WTF???? 30 Mins? What planet are you on? (and literally asked her that question!!) I said, you could ask me to reset my wifi router and restart my device, but to ask for me to wait 30 mins is ludacris and no technology support in the right mind would even ask of this.

What a Joke!!!!

Apr 25, 2019 12:41 AM in response to tokkii

Easy guys . . .

Since apple is putting all the efforts in designing a massive update known as iOS 13 therefore they are updating their terms and conditions on all the devices. Most of you guys would be facing this problem on their all devices including Macbooks.

Apple is continuously releasing the beta version of iOS 12.3 for registered developers to test and mark the issue if they face.

Lets hope this bug of "Apple Media Services Terms and Condition Changed" will reach to Apple soon and they will fix this as soon as possible.

Apr 25, 2019 1:51 AM in response to tokkii

I contacted support this eve, Eastern Australia time, and they said at 6:43 PM:

’Thank you. We have received reports of this today at Apple. Our engineers are currently investigating this and are working diligently to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I would recommend attempting to try again in a few hours. How does this sound to you?’

Apr 25, 2019 1:53 AM in response to tokkii

I am in Japan and several hours ago I was trying to download apps and buying a song on iTunes store and now stuck in this endless loop. Is this happening globally? I read similar posts from some countries.

I have tried signing out my apple ID, changed to cellular network, changed the wifi network, restarted my Iphone several times and still nothing works.

It would be best if Apple address this issue from yesterday.

Apr 25, 2019 1:55 AM in response to Alex0023

I contacted support this eve, Eastern Australia time, and they said at 6:43 PM:

’Thank you. We have received reports of this today at Apple. Our engineers are currently investigating this and are working diligently to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I would recommend attempting to try again in a few hours. How does this sound to you?’

Apr 25, 2019 2:46 AM in response to tokkii

I dont know about others, but I updated Netflix app and Google maps app on my Iphone just fine. It was when I used Face ID to authenticate the download or the purchase then this Terms and Conditions loop starts. Honestly it is annoying that this kind of Hiccup happens to Apple. This is not some troubles after software updates, which many companies will face, but only the Terms and Conditions bug which somehow halt a download activity in the App Store.

"Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions have changed" Preventing App Downloads & Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.