Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Title font spacing changes in iMovie for multiple uses of the same title template

Using iMovie 10.1.11 while running MacOS 10.14.5, Mojave, when I copy a "Lower" title from early in the clip to later in the clip, and edit the text in the later title, the spacing between characters, kerning, changes. The space between characters increases such that an untouched bottom line in the title which fit on one line in the beginning of the movie but with a shorter or fewer character title, the bottom line of the title no longer fits on one line. The font size is reported as unchanged (80, Gill Sans Bold). There is no adjustment for character spacing that I can find. I tried closing iMovie & reopening but the same "feature" recurs.

Anyone know how to correct this this problem?

TIA,

Bill

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 26, 2019 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2019 5:34 PM

Hi, Bill,

Others have reported your exact same problem. We spent quite a bit of time trying to fix it. As far as I can tell it is a bug that will need to be fixed by Apple. There is a workaround, however, though not entirely satisfactory. Take a look at this thread and the thread link within it:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250346844

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2019 5:34 PM in response to BillW

Hi, Bill,

Others have reported your exact same problem. We spent quite a bit of time trying to fix it. As far as I can tell it is a bug that will need to be fixed by Apple. There is a workaround, however, though not entirely satisfactory. Take a look at this thread and the thread link within it:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250346844

-- Rich

May 26, 2019 6:40 PM in response to BillW

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the reply. I found that thread but it was unsatisfying, as you allude. Subsequently I was able to consistently correct the issue by selecting the Title in the movie, then double click on another Title, reselect the title in the movie, and then double click on the original Title template. This worked for me in about 4 instances this afternoon, so it is a limited dataset.

Thanx for pointing me to the other thread.

Best regards,

Bill

Title font spacing changes in iMovie for multiple uses of the same title template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.