Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store (Windows 10) : thumbnails not showing

Hi,

I'm having the following problem in iTunes for Windows 10 : film and album thumbnails are not showing in the store.

Thumbnails in my library are OK, the problem only occurs when I go to the iTunes Store.

Banners and some tiny thumbnails seem to be displayed properly, but regular thumbnails are all grey (see snaps below) :

I called the hotline and they made me uninstall and re-install everything but it didn't help.

I also tried to deactivate Bitdefender to check if this could be the problem, but nothing changed either.

Anybody experiencing the same problem (and having a fix)?

Thank you!

My iTunes is 12.9.5.7 for Windows 10

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 6:04 AM

Ok!

To make a long story short, the problem occurs when you're running Windows on a PC with a high definition screen and you've changed Windows scale to anything higher than 100%.

If, as for me, switching back to a 100% scale is not an option, edit the properties of your iTunes shortcut. Select the Compatibility tab and click the "Change high DPI settings" button. In the "High DPI scaling override", check "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and choose either "System" or "System (Enhanced)" as "Scaling performed by".

That should do the trick.

Thank you turingtest2

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2019 6:04 AM in response to ArnoFR

Ok!

To make a long story short, the problem occurs when you're running Windows on a PC with a high definition screen and you've changed Windows scale to anything higher than 100%.

If, as for me, switching back to a 100% scale is not an option, edit the properties of your iTunes shortcut. Select the Compatibility tab and click the "Change high DPI settings" button. In the "High DPI scaling override", check "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and choose either "System" or "System (Enhanced)" as "Scaling performed by".

That should do the trick.

Thank you turingtest2

Jun 15, 2019 7:03 PM in response to ArnoFR

I have exactly the same problem (my iTunes store looks exactly as posted by ArnoFR) my if I click on one of the blank thumbnails, the page it goes to has a thumbnail that looks fine and all the graphics look fine. My Library seems to have no problems as well.

I tried the suggested solution (in Windows 8 the only choice in Compatibility tab of the shortcut is a checkbox "Disable display scaling on High DPI settings"). I tried restarting iTunes, restarting Windows and then restarting iTunes, tuning the computer off and after a bit back on and restarting iTunes and there is no change.

I should mention that I just updated both Windows (all Security, MSRT, or antivirus updates) and iTunes (I hadn't opened this laptop for a couple of weeks)

I am running iTunes 12.9.5.7

Windows 8.1 Pro

Jul 13, 2019 2:00 AM in response to ArnoFR

I am on Windows 10 and Itunes 12.9.5.7 and also have no images in the thumbnails in Itunes store. i have changed the settings in itunes.exe as described below as well as Windows display setting back to 100% from 125%. I have tried Ctrl and Shift on startup too and nothing is working for these thumbnails all grayed out.

Jul 16, 2019 5:29 PM in response to ted2019

Omg! I thought my husband and I were alone. Same exact thing is happening with us too. It started happening when our tech support added iTunes to his Windows 10 laptop computer, it’s made its way onto my iPhone. Not sure how to get this fixed since I don’t use his computer that much. Plus I get UTF 8 scripts?, that are happening and repeating the same numbers, characters and words on each line. I don’t know much about this scripting stuff, I also don’t think it’s the right format. Then again I am not sure what is the correct way or the wrong way. All I know is that I am not used to seeing this sort of thing in the URL every time I do a search. Plus gstatic, googletags, weird stuff shows up in my browsing history. Hmm 🤔

Sjkc_03

Jul 16, 2019 6:55 PM in response to ted2019

My iPhone is still on the Windows 10 computer and I cannot unlink it. I agree with you. I don’t even know how to go about getting malware. I have read it works very well. I see many different things in my browser, When I put on do not track, then It seems as though I want to opt out of apple ad.

Also, another strange thing that keeps on happening, is the icons will change their colors to all grey or all white in keychains. It only seems to happen with iTunes and my mobile provider. I have turned off auto fill. Yet I can’t get professional help with getting my phone fixed. I may have to file a claim, doubt that it will fix this huge problem I have been happening. The UTF 8 is coming from the Windows 10 computer and we have home sharing and I don’t like it at all. In fact I can’t stand it. I don’t want to be on the same browser as the rest of the family. Basically I feel stuck using a program that I am not very fond of. I hope being in this community will help my situation. It’s only going to worse of this doesn’t get resolved soon.

Sep 20, 2019 8:24 PM in response to ArnoFR

Changing the DPI settings no longer works when you download iTunes from the Windows store. Changing to 100% from 110% does though but I cannot do that. I hate how small everything is. If you call Apple they will instruct you to delete iTunes and download it from the Windows store as there is no longer a link to download it on Apple if you are a Windows user.

If you find another way to fix this please let me know. It's driving me insane with the gray boxes

iTunes store (Windows 10) : thumbnails not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.