Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store doesn't display or only displays after several minutes, no album artwork

For over a week the iTunes store wasn't showing up in the program on my PC. I originally installed from the Microsoft store. My version is 12.9.5.7. When I clicked on the store in iTunes it was just blank with the spinning wheel in the center as it tried to load. I tried to update, but I was already on the latest version.

After a week of this I just uninstalled and reinstalled and the store showed up the first time I ran the program. It displayed virtually immediately.

I was unable to search for anything on the store so I closed the program and restarted and now I'm back to not being able to access the store again. There's just a message at the top that says "Accessing iTunes Store" but the screen remains blank. After a couple minutes I get the spinning wheel in the center of the screen. This time the store very slowed loaded (like I was on a dial up modem) after several minutes.

When I search for anything it takes about a minute before results are shown. Sometimes only the framework for the screen shows up (meaning just the headers for the sections of the page), but nothing is actually listed, no albums no songs etc. Here's what I see sometimes: https://imgur.com/BadRExO.

In all situations I haven't been able to view album artwork for albums for at least 2 or 3 months even before I started having the problem with the store not loading.

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates installed. Yes, I've rebooted my computer, but it doesn't help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 1:07 PM

See this thread: Gray boxes in iTunes store - Windows - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 4, 2019 6:20 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for that suggestion. That didn't work, but it at least tells me the problem is likely with my screen resolution. That link said to go to iTunes.exe. I have two files with that name. One is in ...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps and the other is in ...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa. Both are 0 byte files. Are these the ones I needed to change the high DPI settings? I tried all 3 options on both of them: Application, System and System (Enhanced). With each the store is still slow to display and when it does the artwork is still not showing up.

I then changed my screen scale to 100% and finally with that I could see album artwork, but the store is still slow to display. Sometimes it displays almost immediately, but other times it does not.

Since my screen resolution is 3840x2160 I really can't operate with 100% scale as it makes everything tiny on my large monitor.

I guess that either a Windows update or an iTunes update started all of this. I recently built a new computer and that's when my iTunes problems started. My old computer used the same monitor and resolution and I never had any problems because I very rarely updated iTunes. They kept changing things I liked so I would only update when they broke something in my old version.

So, I guess it's likely that an iTunes update sometime over the past couple of years has done this.

iTunes store doesn't display or only displays after several minutes, no album artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.