Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Can't Copy my iTunes Media - Error Code 100092

Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can help me out with this. I just got a new Macbook Pro and I am manually transferring everything from my old MBP and I've run into a problem with iTunes.

I've copied all my iTunes Media onto an external hard drive but when I try to paste it to my new MBP's iTunes music folder I get an error message - "The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code 100092)."

The pasting goes all the way right to the end - from 20,000? files in about 15 minutes to zero and then right at the last step this error occurs...

Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks so much for any ideas...

Franco

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 10:11 AM

Apparently that error is triggered by an illegal byte sequence, which in turn might suggest some corruption on your external drive. You might find the Synkron a useful tool to copy over the folder in way that, hopefully, can copy everything except any problematic files rather than crashing when it encounters them.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2019 10:11 AM in response to francouk

Apparently that error is triggered by an illegal byte sequence, which in turn might suggest some corruption on your external drive. You might find the Synkron a useful tool to copy over the folder in way that, hopefully, can copy everything except any problematic files rather than crashing when it encounters them.

tt2

Jul 30, 2019 1:12 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi tt2,

Thanks so much for your help. Before I saw your reply, I got this to work by breaking the copy / paste up into smaller chunks and it all seems to work ok now, but I really liked the look of Synkron, and I've installed it for next time I need to do something similar. Thanks so much for taking the time out to help, I really, really appreciate it. :-)

All the best

Franco

Help! Can't Copy my iTunes Media - Error Code 100092

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.