Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac os mojave mac cleaner, redirect to yahoo and flash layer virus

I have just noticed on My Macbook Air that window pop up on my Macbook Air apps Advanced Mac Cleaner and inform me that its start to scan my Mac and save my Macbook from errors. I have had 9 different pop ups within 5 minutes, including Mac cleaner and flash player. I also had a voice saying my computer is seriously damaged. I can't go to many sites without being redirected to yahoo. HELP please.

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 4:31 PM

First download and run Malwarebytes. It could be just adware but MWB should find and remove it.

If not download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Add Text button to include the report in your reply. How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2019 4:31 PM in response to savedbygrace53

First download and run Malwarebytes. It could be just adware but MWB should find and remove it.

If not download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Add Text button to include the report in your reply. How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

mac os mojave mac cleaner, redirect to yahoo and flash layer virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.