Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Display Resolution Won't stay set (Mojave)

My imac is sometimes fuzzy at startup eventually booting up but the only available resolution is 1280x720

If I reboot, sometimes I'll get 3-4 choices with higher resolutions, the higher resolutions work for a while but after the computer falls asleep I lose the resolution options and all that is available is 1280x720 again. How can I keep the resolution consistently high? Its an older iMac with a new hard drive and the monitor is still in really good shape, everything works great other than the finicky resolution.

MacOS Mojave iMac 27 inch (Late 2012)

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 10:57 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 6, 2019 11:00 AM in response to MargauxD

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this message. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly include the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

iMac Display Resolution Won't stay set (Mojave)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.