Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone is stuck on white screen with apple and progress bar all the way to the right, like it is finished.

Received new iPhone Max Pro 11 - restored from iTunes backup on computer. When finished, it had white screen with apple, at bottom it said to swipe up to upgrade - only option to take - so I did. After 2 hours+, the phone is stuck on white screen with apple and progress bar all the way to the right, like it is finished. However, it is bricked. Won't move off this screen, can't even turn it off. Contacted support and they said "common to the new Pro". Only suggestion was "Wait" longer for the built in software to stop the prolonged update - "could take several more hours". Very frustrated at this point. Any suggestions from anyone??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 1:30 PM

33 replies

Sep 21, 2019 1:18 AM in response to wmcelyea

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/returns_refund If all else goes wrong, even when trying to get this thing fixed through the Apple Store, the last decent option then would be to exchange your iPhone for another one, or just simply refund your money (if you purchased your iPhone from Apple directly). Apple gives a 14 day policy for return/exchange. Even though this would take days to weeks or even months due to this iPhone 11 Pro Max, well, being like any new iPhone and unavailable to ship for any new buyers for at least a month, and if this thing still isn’t getting fixed, then better late than never buddy. Sorry about your situation nevertheless.

Sep 20, 2019 8:27 PM in response to angelsoto2

Original poster..........I've been with chat support for the second time now......They just had me put into restore mode, connect back up to iTunes and "Update" option for iOS system. I'm sitting, yet again, with a white screen, black apple, progress bar completely to the right with iTunes saying "Preparing to copy items". Nothing happening. Kinda same as before. I'll leave on and go to bed now I guess. Glad I'm not the only one but.......unreal. I've been at this since noon today. Still no workable phone.

Sep 21, 2019 12:51 AM in response to wmcelyea

Same thing happening to me with my new iPhone 11 Pro Max. I did a restore from local backup on my Mac thru iTunes. Process seemed to go smoothly, but now the phone has been the white screen w/ the loading bar looking 99% complete for hours. it has been ~7 hours since I first started the restore. I guess I'll leave it overnight?

Anyone have success with the phone actually completing eventually?

Sep 21, 2019 7:48 AM in response to wmcelyea

Had the exact issue described here.

Came from an iPhone X that I just updated to iOS13 a day before my new iPhone 11 Pro Max arrived.

Did a fresh iCloud backup of the iPhone X, reset back to defaults, powered off.

Powered on new iPhone 11 Pro Max, ran through the setup, restored from iCloud backup then it stayed stuck on the black screen, Apple logo, progress bar at 99%. Left for 12 hours, no change. Hard restart (press Vol Up, Vol Down, hold Power)

Back to Swipe to Upgrade, swiped up, white screen, Apple logo, progress bar stuck at 99% for hours.

--

Decided to enter DFU mode with the iPhone 11 Pro Max attached to my Mac via USB. iTunes open.

iTunes detected the restore mode, downloaded iOS13, wiped the phone, installed the OS from scratch.

Ran through the normal setup, restored from iCloud backup, this time only took maybe 5 minutes.

--

Up and running perfectly now. Just watching all my apps redownload.

Frustrating this didn't work out of the box but hope this helps someone.

Sep 21, 2019 11:20 PM in response to wmcelyea

I had this happen too with my brand new iPhone 11 Pro. I first tried a wireless data transfer from my iPhone 6s. I got the loading pinwheel and the message that the data was transferring and it should "take a few minutes." Two hours later it was still spinning. Then I tried to transfer data via a recent iTunes backup of my 6s. iTunes said I needed to "Update" so I agreed. Long story short, I ended up where you are: Apple icon with a loading progress bar basically at 99.99% which will never finish. Every time I restart the new iPhone it asks me to swipe up to continue the update and then I end up back in the same place when the update starts all over again. It eventually freezes at 99.99%.

A tech person I talked to via Apple online chat support suggested it was a "Find My iTunes" issue and I had to remove my *old* iPhone from "My Devices" via iCloud. I did that but it didn't help. It still bricks. Sooooo disappointing and I can't beleive I'm the only one and there aren't more out there.....

phone is stuck on white screen with apple and progress bar all the way to the right, like it is finished.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.