Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone 11 Pro getting HOT

Just received my iPhone 11 Pro and after a few minutes of light use, the back and sides heat up to where I can barely hold the phone. Any ideas?

iPhone

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 7:12 PM

Question marked as Helpful

Sep 24, 2019 7:09 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof In response to Dogcow-Moof

It is a problem. The 11 claims to have 1 hour better battery than the XR, and for some reason this isn’t the case. Also a phone overheating like this isn’t normal or acceptable and seems to have something to do with the battery problem. Apple needs to know this so it can be fixed because we are spending money on these products!

Sep 24, 2019 7:09 AM

Sep 23, 2019 9:11 AM in response to j0nj0nn In response to j0nj0nn

I am having the same issue contacted support and they advised me to do a restore through itunes, ontop of that my battery life is draining abnormally fast. After just 4 hours of me making 2 phone calls lasting less than 10 minutes and listening to spotify while at the gym. Also noted i have my iwatch and head phones at the gym, with apple boasting about the 17hrs of battery life while watching videos i am not pleased with the results in the last two days of owning this phone. The only reason why i contacted support is due to my wife telling me her iphone 11 does not have that issue and finding out this morning shes been streaming music and taking phone calls at work she is at 94% and she has been up since 0400..... I hope the restore fixes the issue i will check back in after a day or two of doing so!

Sep 23, 2019 9:11 AM

Sep 21, 2019 6:04 AM in response to j0nj0nn In response to j0nj0nn

My wife got hers yesterday and we were quite amazed at the amount of heat put off by this phone while transferring data and settings from her iPhone 8 Plus. I thought it would get better after the setup, but even normal use and charging, it still gets pretty warm. I hope this isn't a sign of problems to come. I can't think that this heat issue would be good for battery life.

Sep 21, 2019 6:04 AM

Sep 24, 2019 3:20 AM in response to Y2k20 In response to Y2k20

Yes I’ve experienced the same. The phone gets really hot in the back and sides. Also - the wireless charging is really slow. An entire night of wireless charging (6+hours) took my battery from 46% to 73%. That is not good at all. Did anyone else experience the same issue ?

Sep 24, 2019 3:20 AM

Sep 24, 2019 7:03 AM in response to j0nj0nn In response to j0nj0nn

I received my iPhone 11 Pro on Friday and notice my phone getting hot while using GPS on Saturday and then again on Monday. It was uncomfortably hot and to hold. I took it to Apple Monday evening and they informed me that as long as the phone doesn’t shut down or give the the too hot alert then it is fine. I still think something is wrong and I will keep a close eye on this.

Sep 24, 2019 7:03 AM

Sep 24, 2019 7:53 AM in response to j0nj0nn In response to j0nj0nn

UPDATE 1: After coming home from the gym and talking with apple support. I went and did a restore through my computer w/ Itunes and than proceeded to restore my phone. I let my phone charge to 80% for the rest of the day and did not have an issue what so ever. upon waking up at 0700 and my phone being 100% it was not blistering hot and did my same morning routine with a little more extra after running 6 miles with my run keeper up doing constant updates and spotify running my phone was not hot and the battery is down to 64% at this moment. I believe that it did fix the issue with the overheating but with apple boasting about the 17 Hours of battery life with video playback i am skeptical. I hope this helps every one.

Sep 24, 2019 7:53 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Sep 21, 2019 6:04 AM in response to j0nj0nn In response to j0nj0nn

My wife got hers yesterday and we were quite amazed at the amount of heat put off by this phone while transferring data and settings from her iPhone 8 Plus. I thought it would get better after the setup, but even normal use and charging, it still gets pretty warm. I hope this isn't a sign of problems to come. I can't think that this heat issue would be good for battery life.

Sep 21, 2019 6:04 AM

Reply Helpful (22)

Sep 23, 2019 9:11 AM in response to j0nj0nn In response to j0nj0nn

I am having the same issue contacted support and they advised me to do a restore through itunes, ontop of that my battery life is draining abnormally fast. After just 4 hours of me making 2 phone calls lasting less than 10 minutes and listening to spotify while at the gym. Also noted i have my iwatch and head phones at the gym, with apple boasting about the 17hrs of battery life while watching videos i am not pleased with the results in the last two days of owning this phone. The only reason why i contacted support is due to my wife telling me her iphone 11 does not have that issue and finding out this morning shes been streaming music and taking phone calls at work she is at 94% and she has been up since 0400..... I hope the restore fixes the issue i will check back in after a day or two of doing so!

Sep 23, 2019 9:11 AM

Reply Helpful (24)

Sep 24, 2019 3:20 AM in response to Y2k20 In response to Y2k20

Yes I’ve experienced the same. The phone gets really hot in the back and sides. Also - the wireless charging is really slow. An entire night of wireless charging (6+hours) took my battery from 46% to 73%. That is not good at all. Did anyone else experience the same issue ?

Sep 24, 2019 3:20 AM

Reply Helpful (21)

Sep 24, 2019 4:26 AM in response to j0nj0nn In response to j0nj0nn

I got mine on the weekend I had to upgrade as I was on a lease plan and nah I don’t like it. I wanted to keep my 8+ I needed to pay $420! And the heating up is ridiculous! But having sad that I just took my cover off and it seems to be better? I will play a few rounds of candy crush and see what happens 😉

Sep 24, 2019 4:26 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 24, 2019 7:03 AM in response to j0nj0nn In response to j0nj0nn

I received my iPhone 11 Pro on Friday and notice my phone getting hot while using GPS on Saturday and then again on Monday. It was uncomfortably hot and to hold. I took it to Apple Monday evening and they informed me that as long as the phone doesn’t shut down or give the the too hot alert then it is fine. I still think something is wrong and I will keep a close eye on this.

Sep 24, 2019 7:03 AM

Reply Helpful (12)

Sep 24, 2019 7:09 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof In response to Dogcow-Moof

It is a problem. The 11 claims to have 1 hour better battery than the XR, and for some reason this isn’t the case. Also a phone overheating like this isn’t normal or acceptable and seems to have something to do with the battery problem. Apple needs to know this so it can be fixed because we are spending money on these products!

Sep 24, 2019 7:09 AM

Reply Helpful (34)
User profile for user: j0nj0nn

Question: iPhone 11 Pro getting HOT