Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max Won’t Charge Wirelessly

Just got my new phone - 11 Pro Max - yesterday and it will not charge wirelessly, with or without a case on. Makes the back of the iPhone or case hot to the touch. Using Samsung fast charge wireless unit that I used on my XS all last year. Anyone else having this issue?

Also, there is no option on the char room to choose iPhone, so I chose XS Max.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 7:02 AM

18 replies

Sep 21, 2019 2:19 PM in response to Soldiercoop

Are you able to charge another phone on these same chargers? If so, there could very well be something wrong with your phone. However, I also noticed that you are using a stand charger. It is possible that you are not contacting it in the right spot. Try holding the phone sideways so that you can move it around against the charger to see if it will recognize the charger.

Oct 16, 2019 10:23 AM in response to Soldiercoop

Same happened to me: iPhone 11 Pro Max worked fine until the last two days; no wireless charging. NOW, with the IOS 13.1.3 update all 3 of my fast wireless chargers work again... how fast is not yet determined; or whether it fails again is unknown yet. I have read that Apple is doing this to all 3rd party chargers not sold by Apple Stores. That's odd and unprofessional since the Qi standards are supported, and aside more profits, there's nothing special of MFI requirements specified by Apple to any of the vendors as far as is known. Anyway glad the update fixes it for now. I also have 'reverberating' that didn't exist on prior phones when using speaker mode...another issue.

Nov 10, 2019 5:23 PM in response to Soldiercoop

Woke this morning to my Pro Max being low on battery. I use a wireless charger at home and assumed I'd bumped it during the night. Got to work and placed it in the wireless charging cradle there and it wouldn't charge.

Turned off the phone and then placed it on the cradle. The phone started and was charging. Obviously some issue here.

I've not had any similar problem with either charger since I received the phone about a month ago (or previous models); perhaps associated with the 13.2 iOS release? I'm going to update to 13.2.2 and monitor.

iPhone 11 Pro Max Won’t Charge Wirelessly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.