Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watchOS 6 breaks third party charging

hi all. i have an apple watch series 4 and just upgraded to watchOS 6. i have two genuine apple chargers and two aftermarket chargers. after watchOS 6, there is now a charging loop when using the aftermarket ones. it will charge for 10 seconds, then seems as if it loses the charging connection, then immediately charges again for another 10 seconds, repeat. the two aftermarket chargers i purchased are:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TH9BVPC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VHP96BB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 9:57 AM

Similar questions

63 replies

Oct 2, 2019 8:39 AM in response to JoshuaONE

Wrong - The only people here are the hosts that monitor the system and make sure the rules are followed and some Apple employees that answer questions that go unanswered for a 12 - 24 hour period with cites from the knowledge base. Neither class of employee has anything to do with what you are asking. For what you want go here: Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Keep in mind if you are not using a certified Made for iDevice cable or power adapter they won't do anything. And it has never been possible to revert and iDevice OS, not on the iPhone, Apple TV, iPad, iPod or Watch. But the Watch is even more problematic to do so and even developers must send in their test Watch if they run into an issue.

I'm not sure how the title of your thread proves that Apple routinely monitors these. The deletion from my post proves the hosts are being diligent and doing their job but that is not the same thing. If you are using an MFi 3rd party charger do use the link I provided.

Sep 25, 2019 10:29 AM in response to deggie

Thanks and I thought as much, but the two devices that I have from third parties that worked flawlessly with my Series 2 Watch have stopped working with my Series 5 (WatchOS6) watch; displaying the charge logo for about 5-10 seconds then resetting. I am worried this might cause damage to the battery in the watch but also seems to drain the battery rather than charge it.

Sep 27, 2019 7:24 AM in response to deggie

Not true. I have multiple 3 in 1 chargers, mfi certified and otherwise, however, none of them work with Apple Watch series 5 running wos6. They all work with my series 3 running wos6. Apple messed something up because if you check the recent reviews for the $140 3 in 1 charger Apple sells on the official store you’ll see that it doesn’t even work...

Oct 2, 2019 9:26 AM in response to pixelchild

I just discovered this problem this morning. I charge my watch every night, but when I put it on this morning, I noticed it was already down to 10% charge. I headed into work and tried charging with my normally reliable Anker 40W IQ charger and a 3rd-party magnetic cable. No dice. Will not charge. Not being able to supplement my Apple hardware with 3rd-party cords, chargers, etc is not exactly how Apple burnishes their reputation. Most people need multiple chargers for travel, work, etc. Having to buy only Apple products changes the math considerably.

watchOS 6 breaks third party charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.