Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max screen colour issues

Ok so this is a bit of a weird one... I got my iPhone 11 Pro Max last Friday. All set up and working OK. Yesterday I was wiping my old XS Max and I noticed that the iPhone 11 screen looked ‘dull’ by comparison - muted colours and just washed out. I thought it might be a dodgy OLED panel BUT when I went to change the wallpaper in settings, the preview image IS vibrant and the colours much better. Images attached to prove I’m not going nuts (I hope). I went to my local Apple store and they said it all looks fine. I’m wondering if this is an iOS issue as surely if it was the panel itself it wouldn’t show any difference between the images? I’ve checked and turned off/ on all settings like True Tone etc but to no avail... anyone have any ideas?!!

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 11:23 AM

Similar questions

38 replies

Sep 25, 2019 12:40 PM in response to thom-thum

I spoke to a senior advisor online after visiting the Apple store. They confirmed they could notice the difference on the image I showed above and recommended I try 13.1. I tried it, issue is there still, not as extreme now however. It seems to vary at different times which makes me think it’s something to do with some kind of brightness or configuration of the screen behind the scenes in display controller or something. But I have a sort of temporary workaround - reduced white point and turned colour filters on, shifted the balance to red and increased the intensity and it has made a bit of a difference. Plan to re visit the Apple store when an appointment is available as recommended by the senior advisor....

Sep 30, 2019 7:32 AM in response to Finneganbell

in the end it turned out it’s just apples default wallpapers that have the issue for me. If I select my own image then the colours are fine. It’s only when you select theirs that they suddenly look desaturated.

funny workaround - I like one of their default wallpapers, so I googled it and found it as an image. Saved it to my photos and selected that as my wallpaper... ta daaaa! Colours look fine!

such a weird issue!

Oct 9, 2019 7:05 PM in response to Ajmartin01

I’m currently using an iPhone 8 with updated iOS 13.1.2 ;

Every single photo (saved straight from camera or otherwise) that I set as my wallpaper becomes washed out compared to it’s view in the photos app.

I’ve attempted saving as screenshots, changing settings, etc.

It’s driving me mad! Needs to be fixed ASAP. It feels like my eyes aren’t working, but the difference in quality is very obvious. This wasn’t an issue prior to the iOS 13 updates.

Oct 12, 2019 10:20 AM in response to Ajmartin01

I have this issue on iOS 13.1.2, however for me it is only wallpapers from my camera roll that are affected, any apple ones appear normal. I spoke to an advisor who could verify the issue and said engineering are very much aware of the issue as it has been reported frequently, however they have no fix just yet. Weird that it seems different for different people.

Oct 13, 2019 1:29 PM in response to Ajmartin01

Honestly this is driving me crazy! Got the new iPhone 11 max pro, and so excited to utilize the amazing screen, just too discover any photo I set as the home wallpaper is completely washed out! Some might think it’s only a minor issue but tbh for the amount paid this really needs to be resolved ASAP. The only photos that look decent as the background are the apple wallpaper. Anyone know when this will be fixed?

Oct 13, 2019 2:36 PM in response to PaidTooMuchForThis

hi

this is a common issue, you’re one of many with it, i also have it. there is currently no fix, but apples engineers are working on it. at the moment though, they don’t know what is causing it. you might have to wait an update or two before it is fixed, i do know though that this happened on iOS 12 for some people, and even iOS 11 for others and it was fixed relatively quickly. don’t worry, it will be fixed, the advisor i spoke to assured me that a LOT of people have been reporting it

Nov 5, 2019 3:19 AM in response to Ajmartin01

I have the same issue after I updated to iOS13.2. It seems like a screen colour issues which occurs on every app and photo album.

I found this when i used Facebook and acknowledged that all the colour that I posted was desaturated.

I have tried to figure out for a day but still couldn't find out. Next day, i accidentally clicked on a desaturated picture in the photo album then the screen colour was instantly cleared and more saturated within a second.

I think I have to buy an apple care + for this but still not sure if it's because of the screen or iOS issues.

P.S. I have iPhone 11 Pro

iPhone 11 Pro Max screen colour issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.