You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open a mime attachment?

How do I open a mime attachment in my email with IOS 13.1?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 3:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 7:54 PM

Hello,

Coincidentally I received a MIME file today through email and was able to replicate your problem. It is strange that iPad can no longer preview this file. I have submitted a bug report to Apple and I highly encourage you to submit one as well. In the meantime checkout the Outlook application from the App Store. It should allow you to open these kinds of files for the time being.

Product Feedback - Apple

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2019 7:54 PM in response to hhhtet

Hello,

Coincidentally I received a MIME file today through email and was able to replicate your problem. It is strange that iPad can no longer preview this file. I have submitted a bug report to Apple and I highly encourage you to submit one as well. In the meantime checkout the Outlook application from the App Store. It should allow you to open these kinds of files for the time being.

Product Feedback - Apple

Oct 5, 2019 7:04 AM in response to hhhtet

I have the exact same issue. Since updating to iOS13 (and all subsequent patches), viewing a mime attachment in mail no longer works. Only the ‘sharing’ action menu displays. Verified this same issue on a colleague’s iPhone, also recently updated to iOS13+. Add this to the plethora of other bugs in this major update to iOS. Poorest quality release from Apple.

Oct 6, 2019 5:44 AM in response to Falbar

Since updating to iOS13 (and all subsequent patches), viewing (and/or previewing) a mime attachment in the Mail app no longer works. Only the ‘sharing’ action menu displays. Verified this same issue on a colleague’s iPhone also recently updated to iOS13+. Add this to the plethora of other bugs in this major update to iOS. Hope this gets fixed soon. A workaround is to install the Outlook app, but that defeats the convenience of using a single mail app for all accounts.

Open a mime attachment?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.