Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri says uhhuh instead of yes

What is this new response I get when I say Siri? she says uhhuh instead of yes? I have iPhone 11 Pro Max I really don’t like response and want to change it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 4:47 AM

That’s because no one taught you to speak English properly. “Uh huh” is a rude and dismissive expression and if you family members spoke to you that way it was unfortunate. We should not encourage anyone to think that is normal and acceptable speech.

595 replies

Jun 25, 2020 10:27 AM in response to skybluesweetie

skybluesweetie wrote:

i find the uh huh response annoying as well. I switched from the American voices to the British and Australian and got the same response. I hope Apple returns to a “yes” response.

Then you should tell them you'd like to see that:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, you can avoid hearing "uh huh" if you don't pause between "Hey, Siri....." and the rest of your question.

Nov 4, 2019 7:28 PM in response to mhallz

When I stopped by the Sprint Store, we got a good laugh, but when one of the supervisors walked by and we demonstrated it for her, she responded with "That's rude!" After X1 with Sprint Techs and X4 with Apple Techs, 1 online and 2 phone and 1 Apple Store appointment...It's the software. Ughhh. I told them I get them from my husband, I didn't pay all that money to hear that attitude from my phone.

Feb 8, 2022 1:04 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Sorry you got roped into this response that was meant for another person which I’m sure you’re aware of since you didn’t post any of the questions I was responding too.

Thank you for posting links in this support chat!! It’s what it’s made for in my opinion.

FYI “finding a response that doesn’t annoy or offend anyone” is by method the goal, although in many cases unachievable the method brings us as close as we can come. So the least amount of unhappy customers is what is meant but the goal is to have 0 unhappy customers if possible.

Oct 7, 2019 6:02 AM in response to Jwblane

I meant to write the same thing the other day but was traveling. I too called, the woman laughed and suggested I change the voice. I did and no such luck. I called again as was them called back by an engineer. He had me do a full reset and nothing. I called again and they told me Apple knows about the problem and should be offering a bug fix in a future update. So annoying!

Mar 3, 2022 2:42 PM in response to Flucheaux

Flucheaux wrote:

My problem with “uh huh” is that you can’t hear it as well as “yes”. I call Siri a lot when I’m trying to find my phone!

Uh-huh. 😉

Seems easier to ask “Hey Siri, where’s my iPhone?”

It’ll light up and turn on the locator chime, if it’s in voice range.

For more… What can I ask Siri? - Official Apple Support

Siri says uhhuh instead of yes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.