Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime having problem on new MacBook Air

QuickTime on my new MacBook Air (retina, 13 inch, 2019) does not appear to be able to record a movie using either the built in faceTime camera or a USB Webcam attached via a USB 3 adapter. Both FaceTime and Photo Booth can use either camera and the Webcam can be used with QuickTime to record movies on my Mac Mini.

Sounds like a bug in QuickTime unless some security authorization is required that I don't know about. Does anyone else have this problem with a new MacBook Air running MacOS 10.14.6?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 10:14 PM

Solved this myself...

In System Preferences/Security&Privacy select Privacy Tab and then select both the Camera and the Microphone and check the checkbox for the QuickTime Player app. The only thing I don't know is why those check boxes exist and why they are apparently checked on my other Mac Mini? It's a mystery to me! QuickTime was the only app listed, why is it special?

Anyone?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2019 10:14 PM in response to DonVining

Solved this myself...

In System Preferences/Security&Privacy select Privacy Tab and then select both the Camera and the Microphone and check the checkbox for the QuickTime Player app. The only thing I don't know is why those check boxes exist and why they are apparently checked on my other Mac Mini? It's a mystery to me! QuickTime was the only app listed, why is it special?

Anyone?

QuickTime having problem on new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.